Monday, July 5, 2010

At long last....

I figured what better way to re-enter the cardmaking realm than to do a challenge! After coming home from early summer holidays, starting renos so we can put our house on the market by August 1st, oh and work, I needed some me time.

Since the one layer wednesday challenge was "patriotic", and we've been out of the country for 3 weeks, I definately needed to get crafting! 
I thought I better get back in slowly with something simple! Ha! It took 3 tries and I'm still not ecstatic about the result but that's ok.


I couldn't find any fireworks and I really wanted to use my new clouds background stamp, then I found this leaf. I thought, since the weather here has been so crappy and rainy, falling leaves might still be appropriate given the circumstances!

Thanks so much for looking, and I can't wait to have some time to do some blog surfing of my own.

PS clouds - hero arts, leaf - stampin up, sentiment - CTMH


5 comments:

  1. I love the clouds in grey -- what a great idea for a "rainy day" kind of card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, love the color combo and the leaves against the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO TOTALLY WORTH the effort! I love this! The cloud background works so perfectly as a backdrop to the falling leaves! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It really makes my day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...