Friday, September 24, 2010

What a wonderful week! and a challenge!

Thank goodness it's Friday! Well this week has been full of surprises, and to top it all off the weather has finally turned from winter to fall. :)
I have a couple of cards to share today, the first one is one I made for Embellish Magazine's colour challenge. They do colour challenges with a little added twist. This week the colours are grey, yellow, white and black. (A fabulous colour combo i might add!) but you also must use background stamping.
For the background stamping I used Papertrey Ink's A Little Argyle. I love this set soooooo much.  The sentiment is from their Signature Greetings set by Dawn McVey. The butterfly is from a Hero Arts set, which I coloured in with Copics, cut out and then added some liquid glass. The ribbon is also Papertrey Ink.

My second card is one of three I had made for a magazine submission, this is the one they didn't take.

I used PTI's Text Style for the background, Crate Paper patterned paper, an PTI felt and dies for the flowers. I LOVE their felt, it cuts so well and looks so good. The sentiment is by Hero Arts.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

  1. So cute. I love both cards! The butterfly on the first one looks just perfect and I love the creativity of the second. Sorry it didn't get picked, but it's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The argyle is so great! Love both cards. Thanks so much for joining the Embellish background stamping color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh these are so great!! So glad you played along. Oh and hello....fellow Calgarian!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It really makes my day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...