Wednesday, April 21, 2010

all about the one layer card!

I have recently come to realize that I am in LOVE with the one layer card. I find myself dreaming up all the different ways to make one. It also seems to be a common theme in the cardmaking world right now. Kristina Werner has put out a challenge to create a one layer card. Since I couldn't stop I have a couple to show you!
First up is a very simple one using a stamp I have been itching to try out. I think this peacock was screaming to be "copic"ed (bad word creation!). I really like the look of copics on kraft cardstock.
The peacock stamp is from Unity and the sentiment Hero Arts. Copics used were R32, R35 & R37.

For my second card, I first created this on kraft then thought maybe it would look better brighter, so i created it on white as well. I still can't decide which I like better.

For this card I punched out a heart from Nestabilities, and used the negative to mask off the card base. Then I stamped the Hero Arts woodgrain background stamp. I wanted to place a sentiment but straight across the top or bottom just didn't look right so I attempted to round it around the heart.

Thanks for visiting, I have another card to share later.  :)

9 comments:

  1. These look AWESOME!!! :)
    Great design and great choice of colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! I LOVE LOVE both the heart cards, not sure which I like better either! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of them are gorgeous! Congrats on being featured in HA Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The three of them are fabulous! And that turkey is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic, but really like your red peacock, it stood out gracefully in the gallery submissions (yeah!) and I had to stop by and see. Love the rest of your blog as well, you've got great style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so pretty, love the simplicity.. but soo fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, both designs are so nice. so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just LOVE your peacock card! I'd put it in Kristina's top 10 easily =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It really makes my day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...