Friday, February 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink February Blog Hop - Scallops

Well, this month I managed to post on the correct day!
It's the 25th which means PTI hosts their monthly blog hop.


The challenge:
"This month we decided to dedicate the Blog Hop to scallops!  We want to see your best use of scallops, of any sort, on a project!  This can include scalloped borders, offset-scallops, stamped scallops,  scalloped mats, scalloped frames, layered scallops, scalloped tags or anything else you can dream up! You can use dies, patterned scissors or even circle punches in a row to achieve your special look."

I went with something super simple, no thinking outside-the-box on this one. I LOVE the scallops that come in the Background Basics: Retro set, so for me it was an easy choice. 

 It was a bonus that I already had the limitless layers scalloped circle cut out. I had used one of the Text Style stamps on rustic cream cardstock and die cut the scalloped circle. The butterfly with leaves stamp is from the limited edition round & round set, as is the sentiment.

I'm off to bed for now, I wrote this before heading to bed after my night shift for fear I might forget when I got up! But I can't wait to tour through all of the fabulous projects I know are waiting on the hop.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by! :)

24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kasia! Your scallopy background panel is perfect to complete this gentle sympathy card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! This is a superb card. Loved the idea of stamping the paper with text background before cutting it out and this stamped image is awesome as well. Very very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so elegant and beautiful! I love the clean design and the understated colors...and the stamped scallops are just the perfect touch to the background! Great job! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Kasia! Love your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this! So very pretty and I love the muted colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! I love how CAS this is! I NEED that background stamp set (just added it to my cart again too...now if if would just stay in there, lol!!). Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the simplness of the card and the use of browns/kraft. beautifully done

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really lovely, Kasia! I love the monochromatic look and beautiful stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!
    I love the stamped scalloped border and the lovely monochromatic color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. Simple, yet elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The reason to send a card like this isn't nice, but this card will comfort for sure! Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing my friend! I so love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that set, too. You made it looks awesome here. I always love your work, Kasia!

    ReplyDelete
  14. simply stunning, kasia. love the monochromatic look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it :) Love that scallop stamp from retro stamp set. Love the muted colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I just went back through your blog and let me just say....You have a new face in your follower list! I'm in love with your style and this card for the PTI hop is fabulous! Not too much not too little but PERFECT!! I forget about that scallop stamp in the retro set! Your LL looks great stamped in text!! Thanks so much for sharing and I can't wait to see what else you design!

    **On another note, I miss my mom too! (I lost her 6 years ago last week)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kasia, your card is so stunning! Very clean and simple, but WOW!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is simply stunning, Kasia! You really know how to use your stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  20. CAS but also elegant. I love the combo of kraft withwhite and brown. Your card is gorgeous; I LOVE that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sweet! I love how you used that scalloped image on your card. Lovely CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card, Kasia! It caught my eye in the links list on Nichole's blog and I'm so glad it did -LOVE your blog! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work. What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It really makes my day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...