Tuesday, April 17, 2012

faux letterpress fun

Hey there!
I'm posting for a second time today, 
see my ColourQ post here

I recently purchased some fun embossing folders by Spellbinders,
and decided to play around with the faux letterpress technique.
I was really impressed with how it turned out!


Now I have tried this technique before and been less than impressed with how things turned out. Now, chances are it was user error!!
This time I used chalk ink and just sort of rubbed it along the raised section that I wanted to impress. I also used the folder as a "plate" instead of a folder, like how you would use the PTI embossing plates.


                                  You can click on the
pictures for the direct
link to the products!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Well. You've just sold these to me!! GORGEOUS card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must try your technique with these folders! I found I really had to change my 'sandwich' for these folders. ps Great card Kasia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsers, great job with this technique Kasia - I have never tried it but it always looks so impressive. Now I will have to give it a go I think!! Rx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really must try this technique; I've seen some fabulous results, including this card!!! Fabulous!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, nice! I love using this technique... when it turns out. :P Yours certainly did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very cool, clean and simple card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It really makes my day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...