Saturday, April 7, 2012

RetroSketches #6 be our guest!

Good Morning!
I am excited to share this week's RetroSketches sketch with you.
Joining us this week to be our guest designer, is Lynn, from the mango boys and me.


Check out her fabulous original card here. It's so wonderfully adorable. :)


I found these felt stickers in the sale bin at Michaels and just had to use them. Kind of unconventional colours for a wedding/anniversary card, but I liked how bold the colours are together!
I used my PTI Background Basics: Houndstooth to make the background, and a sentiment from a Paper Smooches set, word up.

Head over to the RetroSketches blog to check out Lynn's re-do (It's gorgeous!) and more inspiration from Arielle, Jackie and Laurie!
I can't wait to see what you all do with this wonderful sketch.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!


15 comments:

  1. darling card...love the boldness of the herringbone and the sweetness of the feltie hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that big bold houndstooth pattern, and the bright colors you chose to go along with it...the perfect retro card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found those hearts at Michaels? Wow, I need to look more carefully. :P The look great on this fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So bold and fun! Such a refreshing change from the usual look of a wedding or anniversary card. Your houndstooth stamping is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color combo! And what a pretty felt sticker so love how you've used it Kasia! :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so in love with that houndstooth! Great card

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Kasia! That houndstooth is GORGEOUS! Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the others...the houndstooth looks great! It's a wonderful bakground for the bold felt hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bold colours with the black & white!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card - I love the non-traditional style with the houndstooth and funky colours! Rx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eek! I absolutely love that this is a wedding (or anniversary) card! I saw it in my reader and gasped! So striking--love it, Kasia!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's how I got to your blog: I was looking at chunyuans old blog posts. In one of them she gave you a Leibster award, so I came by to see your work. Glad I did...I love to happy vibes you bring to your creations. You hammer such great color choices and your execution is flawless! So now I am a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hammer? That should say have.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It really makes my day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...