Saturday, March 3, 2012

a new challenge!! Retro Sketches

Well, I am a little late in posting this as I didn't trust Blogger (rather my skills with Blogger) to schedule this post on time. I was planning on writing the post up this am on my break, but things have been a tad crazy!!


Anyway, It's time to announce the start up of a new sketch challenge blog, Retro Sketches. Each week one of the designers will host the challenge, a sketch based on an older card. Arielle, the wonder woman behind ColourQ, among many other things, has created it.

So to start off, here's the first sketch! 


What a great sketch to start out with hey?

I had to go to my go-to stamps, Paper Smooches.


I just LOVE this sketch. I am definitely going to have to keep it in my back pocket!!


Head on over to the Retro Sketches blog to check out all of the samples the design team has for you. You have until 11:59pm on Thursday to play along. We'd love to see what you come up with!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend. :)


18 comments:

  1. Every single thing about this card is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! Love the papers and that sweet image!!! So happy to have your awesome talent on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your Retro Sketches DT gig! What a great card, those chevron banners are quite retro themselves, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kasia, this is an awesome take on the Sketch! So happy and bright! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool new challenge! Love your take on the sketch, the eyelets add so much! And I love this cheery color! :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card! Love the sunshiny colours too ;)
    Will be heading over to Retro Sketches and hope to find time to play later! Rx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so super cute! You make this challenge look so fun so despite my sketch allergy I'm going to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is ADORABLE! Love the fun banners! Love the new blog look too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love sketch challenges! What a great idea for a new challenge blog :) And this card is totally retro cute! I love the bright colors and the chevrons. I am just in love with its cuteness :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kasia, this is AWESOME! I love the yellow and orange together...I still remember that awesome yellow Christmas card you made a few months ago! Congrats on the new Challenge Blog...count me IN! I will try to make something tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You totally rocked this sketch! And could that chickie be any cuter? Looks like fun; I hope to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been looking at this sketch too Kasia... You've made a great card and I love the zingy orange and lemon colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is so cute! Love the new blog look too! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute, fun and bright. A card that puts a smile on your face :). I love the "chevron" banners!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So adorable! I know I've already played along, but I'm tempted to reuse this sketch for an actual card (gasp! A card! It's been forever!)
    I love the colors, the chick, the perfect sentiment.
    I also love the new blog header/bg -- so springy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this card is so cute! I'm excited about your new venture!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It really makes my day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...