Sunday, March 25, 2012

Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge

Good Morning!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend so far.
Not too much going on here, we are just trying to get through some chilly weather. Today is supposed to be a bit nicer, maybe a bike ride or rollerskate if the snow from the other day has finished melting!!


Anyway, I wanted to share a card I made for the most recent Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge.
Here is the inspiration picture:


Such adorable felt bunnies! I love their coloured ears. :)
My card isn't really too much of a stretch from the inspiration picture. I sort of stuck with the bunny and green theme.



Now I have been trying to experiment with various liquids, to see what kind of droplet effect I can get. I have been so taken by this trend lately but have had a hard time replicating it.
People seem to be getting these perfect drops, which I am unable to get with my misters. So while at the drug store the other day i picked up some of those tiny medicine droppers, you know for ear drops.
They work like a charm. Plus I found if you only have a bit of ink left in it you can sort of use it as a mister. The air will mix with it to spray it a little bit.

Well, thanks so much for stopping by! Enjoy your weekend. :)



20 comments:

  1. those rabbits are adorable ... perfect card for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card makes me smile so, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is adorable and I love the green on white!! I really need to experiment with this trend too. Thanks for inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bunny is one of my favourites! I love how you shaded the inside of his ears green to match the splatter. Super cute card, Kasia!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, great idea with the medicine droppers... and likely a better deal than the average craft store purchase! ;) And sticking with the green and bunnies makes sense to me when it leads to such a cute card! I love that the inside of the bunny's ears are green, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a genius idea! The drops look awesome as does that bunny with green ears!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card Kasia... love that you stuck to just the two colours. I have struggled with the droplet problem too - great tip about the medicine droppers. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great tip--I'll have to give the droppers a try, as I've never had much luck with the mini misters. Love this funny bunny and the green border around the edges of the white panel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi
    I love to visit your blog and see all the lovely things you make .

    If you visit my blog I have the Liebster Award for you which is to promote blogs with under 200 followers. The idea is you then pass it on to 5 others.Just a way to share ideas etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The splattered ink accent is fabulous! I have seen this technique lately and think it is so cool...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I am in love! What a great card and super neat use of the SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The spots of ink are cool Kasia....love the new tool idea and fab card too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute! Thanks for the 'droplet' tips, must give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kasia...this is PERFECT! I love how clean and simple it is. Super duper smooches cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great card! and thanks for the tip about droppers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is ADORABLE Kasia! It just makes me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the splatters...and the all green! Very cute! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It really makes my day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...