Tuesday, March 22, 2011

ColourQ Challenge #77

It's Tuesday, which means a fabulous colour challenge from Arielle at ColourQ. Can you believe 77 weeks of colour inspiration?

This week the colours are rich and gorgeous, don't you think?

Paper: PTI, (white, royal velvet). Stamps: PTI, (life). Ink: CTMH, (lagoon, sky, pansy purple). Ribbon: May Arts. Other: PTI Impression plate (linen & canvas), Spellbinders Labels #2.


I know, I know ANOTHER thank you card. But I was recently perusing my stash and quickly realized that my supply of thank you cards was pretty much non-existant. Which is terrible! I have tons and tons of "thinking of you" and "welcome baby" cards, but zero thank yous. So my mission is to correct that, which means you all have to endure many a thank you card post. :)

I was trying to get away from my cutesy cards as of late. I tend to lean towards the cute CAS rather than elegant and soft. Which really just gives me something to work towards, right? And this card is what was born. 

The green ribbon is May Arts that I picked up from this fabulous stationary shop (can't for the life of me remember the name though, sorry!) on Granville Island. I just love the look of it. I have it in black as well and have had a heck of a time trying to use it. (and not even because I'm hoarding!)

Please head over to the ColourQ blog and check out what Arielle and the rest of the incredible design team has come up with. Then break out the paper, stamps and ink and whip up something to share.

Have a great day. Thanks for stopping by! :)

6 comments:

  1. I think you've accomplished soft and elegant CAS quite well, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love that ribbon. I am begging you, PLEASE, don't get away from the cutesy CAS cards. You are too good at them! Just do both styles, since your so freaking talented! LOL!

    Plus how can you use Paper Smooches stamps on anything but cutesy CAS? Mine came in yesterday. I was so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohhh, I'm so in love with this, Kasia! The colours are breathtaking on this simple card. That ribbon is SO gorgeous and I think Lindsey could probably tell you what the name of that store is since she was just there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your card Kasia!
    You really rocked the classy elegant feel, to show off the jewel colours ;) That ribbon adds the perfect touch of texture, thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh -- love, love, love those colors, and I love even more what you did with them! I have that ribbon stuff in black -- it makes killer halloween cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! You do CAS and elegant as fabulously as you do CAS and cute. :) And that ribbon rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It really makes my day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...