Sunday, March 27, 2011

the SKY is the limit

Thank you so much to everyone who commented on my PTI blog hop post. There were some amazing creations, as always, & i have only made it part of the way through!

So my hubby had gotten me the copic airbsrush system for my birthday and I had yet to use it. (bad, bad wife!!) So I dug it out and attempted to use it but was unable to make it work well. The spray was variable in strength and actual output. So I went back to the old sponging technique.
I was going to spray the background but decided that would use up waaaaay to much ink and precious air! Forget the fact that I couldn't make it work! :)

This card came about because I had been looking through my wedding "bin" in the basement, leftovers from our wedding, and found a picture of the pinwheels I was going to make for the down the aisle. I never did make them so I wanted to make a mini version. So I googled it and man, they are either starting to be a trend, or were one, in the recent past. There are tons of pics and tutorials. This is my version, I hope you like it!

The paper I used is Crate Paper's Brook line and the "handle" is a toothpick that I sponged.

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! Thanks for stopping by. :)

13 comments:

  1. Ok, I totally thought you had used Laura Pryor's (lil inker designs) new pinwheel set and die! It should be for sale VERY soon and I thought I had missed it. ;)

    This is too cute, Kasia! Love the colors and your pinwheel looks great. A fantastic card for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-cheery! Love the pinwheel -- and I hope it is a trend, because now I wanna go make one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow girl, this is unbelievable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun and cute idea. I just love the paper you've chosen too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! That paper is awesome and your sponged background is perfect. Bummer about the airbrush system but I'm sure you'll get it figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too sweet! Love the sponged bg and that pin wheel is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once you pull out that airbrush and get it going...you won't want to put it down! I use it mostly for skies with masked clouds! I LOVE it! BUT the sponging you did here....is amazing! I love this card! Especially on the kraft base!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, Kasia! I hope you get the hang of the airbrush 'cause I'm sure you'll do wonders with it. I hope you had a great time in Banff, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card Kasia - that pinwheel is too cute! I love the background (even if it meant going for the tried-and-tested sponging!)
    Hope you had a fun weekend, hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness--I love the pinwheel! The background is perfect (great story, too!). Everything about this card is so fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love your beautiful pinwheel. This card turned out gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this!! I just ordered a pinwheel die from The Cat's Pajamas and it is on the way to me! I LOVE pinwheels (keep hoping that Maile will make a pinwheel set!!) and this is just adorable!! I love your sky and how you masked it off too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It really makes my day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...